This page is for all the various media that have influenced my creation and inspiration for Cambria.
- I guess the biggest influence would be that of Eberron, for both the high level of magic, and the existance of Warforged. Also, Eberron takes place after the conclusion of a century long campaign of total war between 5 nations. The huge battles, weapons of mass destruction, and general ambiance of the Last War was a great influence for Cambria.
- Terminator Salvation- The terminator series, especially the scenes of the future war, were a large influence for the environment that the PCs would face. Terminator Salvation exemplified this, as the movie took place during said war.
- Wolfenstein- The 2009 version of the game was an inspiration for the look and feel of the biomechanical nature of the Pact forces. The level and appearance of technology featured in the game has played a part as well.
- Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas- The shattered environment that the player faces in the Fallout series is the feel that I wanted to convey to players. The evidence of a peaceful time, now buried under the filth and destruction of a ‘scorched earth’ conflict.
- Most of the music that I’ve found helpful with inspiration comes from movie scores, especially those with a post-apocalyptic feel.
Some notable tracks
- Transformers Score- Decepticons
- Transformers 3 Score- Shockwave’s Revenge
- Terminator Salvation Soundtrack- Opening
- Crysis 2 Soundtrack- Intro
- Crysis 2 Soundtrack- Insertion
- Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Soundtrack- Prelude to War
- The Doors- The End
- Star Trek: First Contact Soundtrack- The entire bloody thing